I recently created the bluehost account and after installing WordPress, I noticed all the themes were $39 and up. This is how I loaded a free theme:
- Go to WordPress.org/themes.
- Select your theme and click download, do not unzip the file and make sure it is in a folder you can find in a minute.
- From your bluehost account page, go to cPanel. Scroll down to files. Open the File Manager.
- From the File Manager screen, select the upload folder from the top of the page and upload the zip file you downloaded a minute ago.
- After uploading, go to the support-live chat link at the bottom of the cPanel screen. Tell the support tech you want to install the downloaded theme and give him/her the file name you just uploaded. It will take approximately 20 minutes.
- The last step is to type in your domain name (www.example.com/wp-admin), log in and test.
Hope this helps you.