Since monetizing this blog is part of my retirement savings strategy, I have become an Amazon Affiliate. You can see my affiliate link on the sidebar.
It is very easy for you to setup your own affiliate program with Amazon.
- Go to affiliate-program.amazon.com.
- Click to join and login with your Amazon account
- Follow the steps:
- add account information
- input your website or mobile app URL and confirm whether target age is under 13 or not
- fill in your profile (information about your website)
- give your phone number and wait for the verification code & agree to the terms
After that, you are done with the first part and an affiliate. You must refer a sale within 180 days, or your account will be cancelled. The whole process takes about 10 minutes.
In order to be paid, you need to also choose your payment method and enter your tax information. That process takes about 5 minutes.
Within 15 minutes you can become an Amazon affiliate and start earning some side money from your website. My referral rate starts at 4% for general products.